2018 – Time To Start Building A Sustainable Wardrobe
The January sales are the perfect time to start building a sustainable wardrobe
Here are my favourites picks. Versatile, every day editions to your sustainable wardrobe that you will wear more 30 times!
- BEAUMONT ORGANIC – MAGDA Organic Cotton Top was £95 now £59– Made from 100% organic cotton. Made ethically in Portugal.
- THE FMLY STORE – The HUMAN Slub Tee 100% organic cotton was £30 now £21
It’s Fair Wear certified, meaning it was made by people who have good working conditions and are paid a fair wage. too. £5* from the sale of this #GoodTees design goes to THE REFUGEE COUNCIL, who do inspiring work with asylum seekers in the UK and abroad, as well as tackling root causes and campaigning the government to change policies big & small.
THOUGHT CLOTHING VERMEER FLORAL PRINT TENCEL SKIRT was £69.90 now £42 100% Tencel one of the most eco-friendly fibres available. WHY? It uses non-toxic solvent in production and completely biodegradable
- FINISTERRE – the Kestle Cable Dress was £110 now £55 Beautifully understated, effortlessly versatile, is knitted from a super soft wool and alpaca blend yarn.
- BO CARTER – Nousha Shirt was £85 now £40 Bo Carter is a unique, independent, ethical fashion brand, creating high quality contemporary garments in a responsible manner.
- WUNDERWERK– CREWKNIT BUBBLE was €139.95 now €97.95 100% organic. Very cool sustainable German brand.
PEOPLE TREE – V&A Tulip Print Jumpsuit -was £125 now £95 – 100% Tencel® jumpsuit with ruffle detail at back.The Tulip print is based on a dress fabric from the 1930s, originally by the Calico Printers’ Association in Manchester, now held in the V&A archive.Tencel® is a luxury cellulose fibre made from wood pulp.The fibre production itself is extremely eco-friendly as almost 100% of the solvent used in production is recycled.Made by People Tree Fair Trade producer partner Creative Handicrafts.
“The biggest message is every time you buy something, always think, ‘Will I wear it a minimum of 30 times?’ If the answer is yes, then buy it. But you’d be surprised how many times you say no.” – Livia Firth